Delightful graffiti spotted on a beachside footpath in Ettalong, Central Coast, NSW:
“Be your own best friend” – author unknown.
In January 2007, I attended a small gathering of semi-professional and professional bloggers and, without a doubt, the tip of the evening came from Steven Noble, then of Hill & Knowlton, who used to write a blog for them called Elbow Grease: Getting Results in PR & Digital Communication.
Steve told us, “If you want to be noted by a particular audience, the first step is to ask how you, in their eyes, can be noteworthy.”
Of late, that quote has become a very useful, personal touchstone for me in the realms of both blogging and teacher-librarianship.
My main links for my talks at ISLA on Thursday are:
* Book raps and event raps – Beijing Olympics & Book Week 2008 (Stage 2)
* The Shaggy Penrith Times – supporting the Rap
* Blogs – eg. Goldquest (Stage 3)
* Goldquest blog – two schools interacting
* Wikis – for shared projects