PANDORA!

What exciting news!

I received an email today from the National Library of Australia, proposing to add the online content of my “Booked Inn” weblog to the PANDORA Archive. The purpose of me granting the National Library a licence to archive my site permits the Library to retain and provide public online access to my blog – in perpetuity! A fantastic honour (and no more worrying about accidentally deleting the content)!

In December 1999, my first website, the Number 96 Home Page was selected for inclusion in the PANDORA Archive. It was the first of three Internet sites about Australian television programs so honoured (along with “The Panel” and “Good Guys, Bad Guys”, which were both current shows at the time). It still appears in the National Library’s online public access catalogue at purl.nla.gov.au/nla/pandora/number96, preserved as it was the day it was archived. There is also a link to the live site. Amusingly, the original sites of “The Panel” and “Good Guys, Bad Guys” vanished many years ago, while my trusty ol’ “96” site continues on!

I can’t wait for the “purl” (Permanent URL) to arrive so I can open Pandora’s box!

One thought on “PANDORA!